The CMBA is holding its Annual General Meeting [AGM] on October 26, 2016, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. The location is Brewster’s [834 11th Avenue SW]. Free bike and car parking are available, and the LRT is 4 blocks north.
AGM in a Nutshell
We have an AGM every year to select the board executive and some other roles within the organization, and give a quick report on what we did over the building season. We also drink beer. You don’t have to be a member of the CMBA to attend, but only CMBA members in good standing can vote on most issues.
We have a number of open positions on the Board that need to be filled. If you’re interested in lending a hand, we could use the help. We meet once a month and chat about trails ‘n’ stuff. There is no specific requirement for you to build trails or even ride bikes, but it would probably help. Also, if there’s something that you think we should be doing, but aren’t, maybe a role or committee could be created for that thing…
Board Executive Roles
To hold one of the executive roles, you must be a member in good standing of the CMBA.
- President: El Presidente opens and closes meetings, and is often the first point of contact for people outside the CMBA. Signs cheques. That is the entire job.
- Vice-President: Fills in for the President when necessary, signs cheques.
- Treasurer: Keeps the CMBA on the financial straight and narrow, signs cheques.
- Secretary: [open position] The secretary keeps track of things in meetings, and along with the President is a signing authority.
To hold one of the board roles, you should be a member in good standing of the CMBA.
- Bowmont / 12 Mile / Paskapoo Coordinator: Works with the City of Calgary on trail projects in these areas.
- Nose Hill Coordinator: [open position] We’re not currently active on Nose Hill, but would like to be.
- Fish Creek Coordinator: [open position] Works with Alberta Parks on trail projects within Fish Creek Provincial Park.
- Fish Creek Skills Park Coordinator: [open position] Works with volunteers to keep the Fish Creek Mountain Bike Skills Park in shape.
- Kananaskis Committee: [open positions] Kananaskis is really big, and needs more than one person to look after it.
- Membership Coordinator: Keeps track of members, makes sure website orders are fulfilled.
- Executive Director: Ties up loose ends, talks to a lot of people, writes many emails.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you on the 26th!