Despite the large number of mountain bikers in Calgary [15,000+!], it can sometimes be challenging to find a group to ride with. Check out these resources:
- The Calgary MTB Find-A-Ride Facebook group started in 2016, and is worth a look if you use FB.
- Also on Facebook, YYCMTB, Smack Cycles and Calgary Cycle offer free rides at different times of the year.
- The Calgary Outdoor Club has been around for over a decade and has a wide range of outdoor activities available, including mountain biking.
- The Calgary Mountain Bikers Meetup seems to concentrate on Fish Creek rides.
- The Spin Sisters are a ladies-only club that has group rides and social events all year long.
Between these groups, you should be able to find somebody to ride with!